Friday 28 June 2013

jam jar lids for flowers




I have made these recently inspired by an Ikebana style of arranging, I have seen something similar on another site somewhere a few months back but can't remember where. They are made with crank clay, I rolled the clay out and then placed a piece of lace over the top and rolled that lightly to leave the impression behind. I then added some holes so flowers and foliage can be placed in. They have a lip underneath that means they won't fall off the jar and I've made them so they fit on to most any jar in the home really. These aren't fired so can't use them properly yet, I shall fire them and then away I go, with all sorts of minimal arrangements and what a perfect way to reuse jars.


2 comments:

  1. very cute and smart idea!
    and beautiful result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until they are fired and can be used properly

      Delete