Friday 21 June 2013

mini medicine bottle composition






mini vase composition using Veronica 'Anna', spray Dianthus and Eucalyptus 

I have always enjoyed having one flower standing alone in a vase, I remember when I was still in school, I must have been about 14 years old,  occasionally on my way home I would walk the longer way round in order to walk past a beautiful flower shop that I loved to go in. At the time I was working my Saturday job in the local bakery so had a bit of money to spend. To me then (and now) a single flower was awfully expensive but as a treat I would buy one, I would often choose the most unusual, one that I hadn't seen before and it would sit with pride of place in an awfully ugly blue recycled plastic vase I had bought myself, I loved that vase, it was hideous. 

Still now not much has changed, I prefer a single flower to stand alone in a simple arrangement and I still promote recycling and upcycling. At least I don't use the same ugly vase.....

2 comments:

  1. lovely flower story :)
    and beautiful flowers!
    i like the simple medicine bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are cute aren't they, I am not sure but your local chemist may give you some if they have them in. thank you ...

    ReplyDelete