Monday 8 July 2013

My flower (sort of) inspiration

Before floristry I studied Fine art and even then I had a obsession with all things floral. This led me on to working in a school Art department at which I was fortunate to take part in many workshops, I  always enjoyed drawing and printmaking but had never tried wood engraving until last year. As with many forms of printinmaking this requires a lot of patience and concentration with many hours devoted to a tiny piece of wood with every tiny mark being significant. Although I enjoyed studying floristry I am glad that I have some free time available now to concentrate on other projects.
This is the result of my first attempt at wood engraving, my inpriation came from a little radish that I grew.







































1 comment: